Wednesday 11 January 2012

50 Cent Tweets about ‘Keeping it Real’, ‘Social Responsibility’


Mumbling rapper and avid ho enthusiast 50 Cent took to twitter last night to announce the release of his new record: a concept album about the economic difficulties currently faced by minorities in America and across the globe

‘Fiddy’ tweeted: “Times are hard, yo. We all know it. But wel got to band together and help each other out. My new album- ‘ghetto nation’- is about what it means to come from nothing and rise to the top. That means responsibility. It means respect. It’s about not forgetting where you’re from. It’s about showing the next generation that you don’t have to go into crime and misogynist rap to be a success.”



In a marathon twitter writing spree the Eminem-endorsed rapper who rose to stardom after being shot only nine times instead of ten or fifteen addressed himself to young fans who might wish to emulate his success: “I know all the little shorties out there look to people like me, to follow my path to success. But that’s not the way to go. I sold drugs for so many years, peddling poison to children. Have you ever seen what crack can do to a community? It takes lives, tears families apart, turns kids to crime in a vicious cycle. I fell into it because of my environment and because the only successful people in my world were the dealers rolling around in [Mercedes] Benzes all pimped out and covered in bling.”

“I’m trying to send a message to my fans now with who I am, with how I’m seen. I walked an ugly path and I want to tell my fans that it doesn’t pay. It’s not glamorous. And you’ll end up regretting the things that you do and what you turn into.”



“I admit when I broke into the rap game I got caught up in frontin’ with the cars and the girls and the ice round my neck. But looking around my country right now I can’t do that no more. Not with a clear conscience.”

“The New generation’s trying to shake things up. There’s a black President now. Poor little kids growing up now have something to look up to, to aspire to, rather than the easy dirty money of crime and rap that I saw as the only ray of light from where I was.”

“There’s a way out that does not diminish us. It’s a hard road, full of difficult choices and thankless work but in the end I think the black community can break the shackles of history and of how society wants us to see ourselves”



Fifty Cent ended the heartfelt treatise by re-iterating that ‘Ghetto Nation’ would be ‘dropping’ on July 2nd, saying that he hoped that his fans would pick it up and hear his message of inspiration that he said he hoped would serve as a ‘guiding light’ even in a time marked by record levels of unemployment, widespread business closure and narrowing choices for poor younger people.


FP

No comments:

Post a Comment